Key product features include:
- 10.4" XGA digitising 1024x768 TFT screen
- Digitiser stylus pen
- 4 cell Lithion Ion Battery: 3.5 hours (JEITA test),
typical life 2.5 to 3 hours
- 1.4 kg weight
- 733MHz Intel Mobile Celeron Processor [Student] or
866MHz Intel Pentium III SpeedStep Processor [Teacher]
- 256MB 133MHz SDRAM memory
- 20GB hard disk drive
- MS Windows XP Pro Tablet Edition
- Integrated 802.11b wireless ethernet
- Integrated 56k modem
- Integrated 10/100 ethernet
- Integral speakers and microphone
- VGA out (15 pin mini-VGA) [Teacher model includes
converter to standard size]
- Headphone & microphone sockets
- PCMCIA Type II port [Teacher only]
- Compact Flash port [Teacher only]
- Firewire IEEE1394 interface [Teacher only]
- Fingerprint ID [Teacher only]
Optional extras highlights
- A six hour battery option will provide a whole
day's mobile use from just one charge
- USB peripherals provide CD / CDRW / DVD / floppy
- Attractive Slip Cover, Carry Case and Handgrip
personalise and protect your tablet
To complete Microsoft's Windows XP Tablet Edition Registration the first
(and only the first) time you turn on your tablet
you will need a USB keyboard. Please ensure you either purchase one USB
keyboard with your order or that you already have own one.
In the unlikely event of a hard drive failure, to
restore your system to its original configuration, please ensure you own
bootable versions of each of the following devices:
- You will need a USB Floppy Drive to boot to
access the RM Restore recovery partition on our harddisk
- You will need a USB CD Drive to run the Recovery
CDROM supplied with each RM Tablet PC in the event that the recovery
partition is also damaged.
RM Tablet PC port details
teacher model photographed from the top, showing its FireWire, USB,
PCMCIA and Compact Flash ports.
at either tablet from the right hand side you can see Ethernet, Modem,
Headphone, Microphone, USB and mini-VGA ports
The VGA adapter converts the mini-VGA out from the tablet to the full
size 15 pin connector commonly found on the back
of desktop PCs, enabling you to output the tablet screen to your
projector or large presentation monitor.
An adapter is included as standard with every RM Teacher Tablet PC.
The lightweight USB 3.5" Floppy Drive is powered from the USB port and
so doesn't require additional bulky power adapters to function.
addition to protecting your tablet as you carry it around with space for
power adapter, mouse and mini keyboard, the ingenious Carry Case
provides two modes of use without you having to take it out of the bag:
Write on the tablet as if opening a large book, ideal for use on the
Open the second compartment to create a monitor stand and plug in your
mouse and mini keyboard for writing long text documents
one button Stylus included with each RM Tablet PC. Replacements are
available directly from RM.
A version of the stylus incorporating an eraser on the opposite end to
the nib is also available.
Build your own!
RM's Online Configurator allows you to configure and
buy the hardware that you want. Which means that whatever your
requirement, it's easy to build a PC or server to match!